The chilly mornings, the fog tainted windows and the steaming cups of coffee- all are a sign that winters are here to stay for a while. Albeit it does mean that you have to ditch your LBDs, it doesn’t imply that you stop the fashionista within yourself from unraveling itself. Here is a low-down of things you need to have/do in winter:
- Hair: Winter is the time you can let your hair down, literally, without worrying about them being soaked in sweat. It is highly recommended that you go ahead with colouring your hair. Opt for darker hues to compliment the warm colours you adorn in winters. Deep red is definitely the colour of the season and adds loads of oomph to your tresses.
- Beanies: Now, who doesn’t love beanies? Your winter wardrobe is incomplete without a cute knitted beanie in it.
- Hoodies: Baggy hoodies are your safest bet. Not only do they camouflage the fat that you might have piled on while gorging on Christmas delicacies, paired with nice jeggings or stockings, they provide you a dress-up option that is easy to put together.
- Leather jackets: You cannot go wrong with leather jackets in winter. They make you look effortlessly chic. But a word of caution: avoid sack like puffed up leather jackets which make you look buffy in all the wrong places.
- Coats: Invest in a good coat this winter, even if you have to shell out a major chunk of your allowance. Long or short, chequered or patterned, apart from being in trend always, they will shield you from the harsh ‘Dilli ki sardi’.
- V-necks: V-necks in solid colours can be teamed up with your favourite pair of jeans. Don’t forget to spice up V-necks with accessories, stoles or scarves which will add a dash of glamour to your outfit.
- Boots: One can never have too many boots. They can jazz up any drab outfit, and you just can’t do without them in winters. But one should refrain from wearing really furry boots, unless you want to commit a fashion faux pas.
Latest posts by Geetika Ahuja (see all)
- Inclusive Development: The Talking point of NEXUS, LSR - April 15, 2015
- The Curious Case of the North-Eastern States - September 21, 2014
- Stranger Than Fiction: Young Adult Novels - September 9, 2014